Tuesday 22 October 2013

What I have learnt by completing the preliminary activity...

By completing the preliminary activity I have learnt how to use fireworks correctly by using guidelines and grids to help plan my work and then by adding and re-sizing photographs by holding down the shift key so it does not narrow or squash the photograph. I have come up with a range of names for my music magazine that I think are catchy and I have created a variety of mastheads and have chosen my favourite one which I think is the most professional. I have also learnt how to build upon my original ideas to improve them, by stating the good and bad points of each convention and then developing each draft. I have got more familiar with media terminology and their meanings, so I can use these key terms in my work to show my understanding. For example; media form is the type of media a text is using to communicate and media language is the photos, camera angles, costumes, form, conventions, genre style, tone and content of the media product. I am now able to identify a magazine's target market and explain what conventions a magazine has which appeals to this audience through research and looking at existing magazines (e.g. 'Q' and 'NME'). I have also improved my photography skills  and organisation skills by planning and carrying out a photo shoot which allowed me to experiment with different shots, angles, locations and lighting, this is an important skill which I will use throughout my media work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment