Thursday 7 November 2013

Brand Identity and Brand Values

Brand identity is how a business wants a brand's name, communication style, logo, fonts, house colours/style and other visual elements to be perceived by consumers. The components are created by the business itself so their customers/audience can recognize the brand.

Brand values are things that are deemed important by a brand, the things that it stands for and it represents.

The brand identity for my music magazine will be quite sophisticated but will be young, modern and tasteful too. This is because I must establish a clear brand identity which will appeal to my target audience. It’s important for my front cover to look professional but contemporary and fresh, and the other conventions of my front cover must make it look cool and interesting. My contents page will follow the same house colours as the cover which helps the audience recognize and remember how it’s matched. Depending on the questionnaire feedback I will either make my magazine image dominated so it is more visual or 'blocky' which involves more text as well as images.

The brand values are the fact that my music magazine is original, youthful and stylish. It’s important that my target audience find my music magazine supportive of new talent, genuinely enthusiastic about new songs and albums and most importantly value the reader. If my audience is going to be passionate about their love of music, my magazine must reflect this too. This is why  I have created a questionnaire to do some market research by asking my target audience some questions about my music magazine and what attracts them to certain magazines which will give me constructive feedback to improve my magazine with.

No comments:

Post a Comment