Monday 2 December 2013

Planning a photoshoot


My front cover will be image dominated with a mid-shot or close up shot of my model, who will be a young female to fit in with my target audience of 16-21 year olds, this is so it will catch the attention of potential readers; the background will be plain with one block colour, probably white so the subject stands out. The photo will be taken indoors against a wall where the lighting will be quite bright so the details of the models face will be prominent, a good quality camera will be used. I will take a range of shots from different angles (e.g. high, low, from behind, left, right, direct) and distances and my model will pose with different facial expressions e.g. smiling, moody, serious etc also with a variety of body language e.g. hand on hip, leg behind other, arm behind head etc. Different looks will be experimented with, but because my music magazine has the genre of pop it’s important that my model is dressed in a colourful, youthful, fun costume to convey this brand identity and make up may be used during the photo shoot to make it look more professional. Some props may be used like sunglasses or hats however it’s important that the model is making eye contact so the audience can make a connection with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment